|AUG Leader Login|
- "Incorporating that room data increased the total square footage reported for calculation of the indirect cost rate by 26.9%. It also increased the total research square footage reported, resulting in a 37.9% increase in direct funding."
- Deborah Lott
- Associate Director of Space Management
- City University of New York (CUNY)
ARCHIBUS Users' Groups: A Great Way to Learn from Others…Worldwide
ARCHIBUS Users' Groups (AUGs) are a great way to learn, in person, from other users in your area (and remotely—virtually—from users anywhere in the world, whenever AUG meetings are accessible via WebEx)—whatever your skill level.
Regular, casual meetings often reveal new ways to apply ARCHIBUS to common facilities management challenges, and members benefit from a more active relationship with ARCHIBUS, Inc.
Users' Group Benefits
- Subscription to electronic newsletter, The ARCHIBUS Asset
- Discounts on the full International ARCHIBUS Nexus (Users' Conference) registration
- Authorized use of the customized ARCHIBUS Users' Group logo
- Links to Users' Group information online: Users can post questions and facilities-related interests in Users' Forum to help AUG leaders plan meeting programs and to attract responses from other AUG members and ARCHIBUS Customer Services
- Opportunity to post upcoming Users' Group meetings on the ARCHIBUS Events page
- Option to have ARCHIBUS, Inc., send invitations to new users in your area and to other users who have not been active in a Users' Group, as well as to members of your Users' Group
- Opportunities for visibility through editorials in The ARCHIBUS Asset e-newsletter
"If you want to learn something new about ARCHIBUS, get infused with knowledge, collaborate with colleagues near and far, or show off your ARCHIBUS skills and deployment, then Boston AUG is the place to be. Whether you’re from private industry, higher education, banking, the federal government—whatever—it doesn’t matter: the exchange of ideas and establishment of focused learning communities around various ARCHIBUS modules has been invaluable for attendees. I am proud to be the Boston / New England AUG Leader. Come see what our group has to offer. I promise you won’t be disappointed!"
—Scott Shader, former Senior Director, Space Management and Planning, University of Massachusetts Medical School, and former Leader, Boston / New England ARCHIBUS Users’ Group
Join the Boston / New England AUG here (You need not work in New England to participate)
Users' Group Guidelines
- To be considered active, a Users' Group must register with ARCHIBUS, Inc. (contact the AUGs Coordinator for more information), identify at least one (co-)leader, hold at least two meetings per year, and have representation at the annual ARCHIBUS Nexus (Users' Conference)
- Each Users' Group must provide annually a complete member roster, including mailing and e-mail addresses
- ARCHIBUS, Inc., reserves the right to withhold Users' Group privileges
"My group in Dayton, Ohio, is responsible for the company's global holdings. I manage the ARCHIBUS system and our internal Corporate web sites covering 194 buildings' mostly leased space: 5.3 million square feet. We've had ARCHIBUS 10 years, primarily for space management, planning seating assignments for 25,000 employees … also project management, and will be adding applications. I've been Tri-State AUG leader for two and a half years. Meetings are usually half technical, half operational: how people are using ARCHIBUS and how they can use it more effectively to solve problems. Feedback has been good: It's an effective way to share technical tips, and just getting together is motivational because we can see what others are doing with ARCHIBUS, which helps generate excitement."
—Randy Dinnison, CFM, Facilities Administration Manager, Reed Elsevier, and Leader, Tri-State ARCHIBUS Users’ Group
Join the Tri-State AUG (Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia) here (You need not work in the Tri-State area to participate)
Tips for Leading a Users' Group
- Consider rotating meeting locations to share the responsibility of hosting meetings among various users. Rotation also provides users a chance to peek behind the scenes at other facilities.
- Training, user case studies, and Tips & Tricks are popular meeting topics, and breakout groups a popular format. Local Business Partners also may be able to help schedule informational sessions and meeting venues.
- ARCHIBUS, Inc., provides Users’ Group incentives free of charge; your group may still want to establish dues to cover meeting costs, however.
- Promote your efforts! Regional Users’ Group meetings are a great forum in which to share accomplishments before these are presented in a more structured environment, such as at ARCHIBUS Nexus or other industry events.
- Consider offering cross-registration privileges with other area groups, such as Users’ Groups for AutoCAD and Esri, to add to members' knowledge base and increase group membership.