Advanced Decision Support, with What-If Scenario Planning
The ARCHIBUS Strategic Space Planning application aids planners in managing the complex equation of balancing space requirements with current and future business needs. It provides capabilities to help you:
- Assess baseline conditions
- Forecast future requirements
- Deliver what-if scenario planning that provides alternatives for demand by modeling different contingencies for business growth, change, acquisitions, or disposals
- Evaluate the complex tradeoffs involved over different time periods
- Provide the numbers needed to justify a specific course of action
High quality intelligence about the portfolio and forecast costs of planned space scenarios gives planners a seat at the strategy table when key decisions are being made.
With this intelligence, planners can influence strategic plans so that the space portfolio can be managed in a proactive rather than reactive fashion, can deliver endto- end quality of service to the mission, and can reduce both costs and execution risks.
ARCHIBUS Strategic Space Planning also streamlines the implementation of the chosen plan. It gives master planners and facilities teams the ability to transform the strategic plan into execution details—define real estate transaction and renovation tasks, discuss affinities and moves with stakeholders, and flow the results to ARCHIBUS Project Management, Move Management, and Space Inventory & Performance.
Making Your Job Easier is Our Job
Specific to your job title, managers must address the aspects of strategic space planning that affect your specific job responsibilities. ARCHIBUS capabilities provide the tools needed to succeed for:
- Align the multi-year real estate strategic plan for with the overall business plan
- Achieve a high return on the capital invested in the real estate portfolio assets
- Produce hard numbers that defend specific courses of action
- Automate planning on hundreds of buildings and thousands of departments to reduce manual effort and errors
- Achieve high project performance for the portfolio
- Use allocation statistics to find underperforming leases and buildings
- Communicate and get buy-in in from affected departments
- Easily access and review current and projected space allocation and associated costs
- Enter, review and present all relevant strategic and operational business requirements so that the right management and execution resources are always available
- More accurately ascertain space-related costs by distributing the responsibility of gathering space requirements to those closest to the need: division and department managers
- Aid in portfolio scenario decisions by comparing and analyzing space, moving and furniture costs associated with various scenarios
- Translate approved planning scenarios into actionable execution plans
- Tie forecasting scenarios to the ARCHIBUS Project Management application, where pre-existing project templates can be used for property and lease acquisition, disposal, build-out or construction
Key Features Streamline Planning and Forecasting
The latest release of ARCHIBUS incorporates new features and functionality that improve physical and financial control over an organization’s space planning and allocation.
Space & Portfolio Planning Console: This console provides scenariobased navigation and keeps organized any number of proposed actions to quickly develop a new scenario. The Scenario Planning applications allow the team to analyze, score and then recommend the one that best fits the company’s business needs.
Portfolio Scale Scenario Planning: The application allows any number of multi-year planning scenarios to be carried out This can done at different levels of detail and applied to a portion or the total portfolio. Scenarios can make use of existing inventory or propose new buildings as leases allow. This scenario modeling provides the portfolio planner with the hard numbers they need—in terms of space, cost, and time— to recommend specific courses of action.
Campus- and Building-Scale Scenario Planning: Planners must evaluate whether their plans work at the detailed level. The Space & Portfolio Planning Console relies on accurate space inventory, allocation and occupancy data to develop a baseline for future planning purposes.
Direct Connection to Real Estate and Space Inventories: Space scenarios can be automatically generated from part or all of the existing inventory database with no manual entry of any date and from all or part of the space inventory. All existing organizational allocations are read directly into the scenario. The user can choose to summarize at the division, business unit, department or functional group level. Available space is tracked over time and covers both commencing and expiring lease space and company-owned space.
Gap Analysis: The Gap Analysis connects the business events and decisions with their numeric impact on the portfolio. For instance, when disposing of a building or creating a new lease, the Gap Analysis visually shows the net effect on the facility in terms of capacity, allocations, and allocation rate. If the allocations climb above the shaded capacity area, the scenario does not have enough space in that timeframe to accommodate the business, and the organization must make a change.
ARCHIBUS applications also support scenario comparisons that visualize results over time as well as allow planners to work interactively with building stack plans.
ARCHIBUS incorporates available telecommuting options that aims to lower costs, improve commuting time, enhance productivity and increase job satisfaction.
The Space and Portfolio Planning Console also streamlines block plan presentation, move integration, cost forecasting (in association with the ARCHIBUS Portfolio Forecasting application) and more.