How Space Planning Optimizes Real Estate, Productivity, and Culture
ARCHIBUS Provides the Data, Tools and Intelligence to Optimize Your Space Strategy
It’s no secret that space is expensive, but misused space not only leads to overblown property portfolios, it impacts your organizational mission. Spaces shape the activities we do within them, from office productivity to campus learning, or hospitals maximizing government reimbursements.
Whether you need to consolidate real estate, improve forecasting and planning, or create an innovative workplace, ARCHIBUS applications align your space strategy with your mission.
10 Benefits to Using ARCHIBUS Space Management Software
1. Shrink real estate footprint
Consolidate space use to consolidate your property portfolio. Track every space and every occupant across your entire portfolio to optimize your real estate strategy.
2. Enhance accountability with chargebacks
Calculate the cost of every space in your organization and charge it back to departments, holding them accountable for every space they use.
3. Forecast needs with scenario planning
Plan for future needs by visualizing scenarios that reflect the future state of your leases and total occupancy. Test different space and occupancy scenarios until you find the ideal solution.
4. Transform the workplace with shared team space
Design different shared space types for different types of workflow, and track them with capacity models. Automate desk reservations with hoteling.
5. Increase building capacity with innovative space use
Increase capacity by consolidating space, convert space into denser seating, or creating innovative team space for partially remote staff that don’t need a permanent desk.
6. Visualize space use and needs
Access all of your space data through interactive floorplans, switching views to cleanly evaluate area, space type, cost, and occupancy data. Integrate with 2D and 3D modeling.
7. Track trends, identify outliers
See how space use evolves over time with KPI dashboards. Compare and evaluate space use by department, division, business unit, and other functional groups
8. Track teams and personnel
Easily see where departments, teams and staff are located. Click on a space to see how it has been assigned, track staff with a search filter.
9. Automate reservations and hoteling
Automate reservations of common areas (conference rooms, community centers, etc), and create a transparent hoteling system for workstations.
10. Integrate with Real Estate and Building Operations
Integrate all of your space data with ARCHIBUS Real Estate Management for a centralized view of leases alongside space use. Integrate with Building Operations to optimize the time, cost, and labor of maintenance.
How Each Application Targets Your Goals
ARCHIBUS applications fully integrate data, floorplans, and functionality into one system, providing a central repository of information. Seamlessly switch between applications, and add applications as you go.
Discover each application’s role in optimizing your space strategy:
Track Space, Centralize Data
Sort all your floorplans and space data into a clean visual inventory with strategic metrics. All space activities depend on having the centralized, accurate, and organized view of space that Space Inventory & Performance provides.
- Sort and define floorplans in a clean inventory tree
- Navigate space data with interactive maps and floorplans
- Access area measurements at your fingertips
- Filter total area by site, building, floor, department, or team
- Integrate with a variety of drawing technologies such as AutoCAD and Revit to publish drawings
Track People, Optimize Space Use
Avoid wasted space and optimize occupancy by tracking space usage and simplifying how space is assigned to people and teams. Create shared team spaces to enhance capacity.
- Locate occupants quickly through interactive floorplans, occupant trees, and a search function
- Optimize space use with occupancy metrics that identify overcrowded or vacant spaces
- Set benchmarks for ideal occupancy ratios, and measure against actual occupancy metrics
- Transform workplace with team space to enhance collaboration and capacity
Track Costs, Enhance Accountability
Consolidate space and optimize your real estate footprint by charging departments and teams for the space that they use.
- Calculate the cost of space by square foot or square meter
- Filter space costs by department, team, site, building, floor, or room type
- Split costs between teams/departments for shared and common areas
- Quickly generate accurate chargeback reports
Forecast Needs, Test Future Scenarios
Leverage space, cost, and occupancy data from the applications above, along with lease data, through a visual sandbox for space scenario planning. Forecast needs, test solutions, and identify the most successful strategy for your organization.
- Evaluate hypothetical space scenarios with detailed data on personnel, space types, cost, and area
- Visualize occupancy and space assignments by dragging and dropping space allocation blocks between floors and between buildings
- Gather space requirements and visualize those requirements as events in a stacking plan
Automate Reservations of Common Areas
Connect occupants to a transparent and automated system for reserving common areas.
- Automate the coordination of meeting spaces
- Track reservation schedules
- Connect staff to a centralized and streamlined system
Manage Reservations of Temporary Work Stations
Manage reservations of individual work stations by automating how employees reserve individual desks and other areas.
- Coordinate reservations of individual work stations and desks
- Connect staff to a centralized system for instant reservations
- Abandon one-seat-per-person, efficiently share desks
Tracking, administrating, and optimizing a vast real estate portfolio is no easy task given the amount of stakeholders, operations,...
While many think of maintenance as keeping the lights on, the difference between an effective and ineffective maintenance strategy...
Stories About Space
Illumina Doubles Real Estate Capacity With Innovative Team Space Illumina extends real estate lifecycle by 2-3 years with inspirational...
Planning a Space Strategy for Over 3,000 Properties Overview Hamilton County, Ohio—which encompasses the City of Cincinnati as well...
Compliance Streamlined Organization-Wide Overview The roots of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) extend back to 1807, when...
Enhancing Security with an Accurate and Agile System Overview As the world’s largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment,...
Compliance, Administration, and Space Planning; Simplified
Largest Singapore University Deploys BIM to Manage Space, Assets, and Maintenance at Expansive Campus
How Automation and Real-Time Data Optimized Usage of Property and Assets
China’s Wuhan Metro Creates Intelligent Commuter Rail System with ARCHIBUS EIM Platform Integrating BIM/GIS
Smart Technology Reduces Bureaucracy, Optimizes Operations
Enbridge Accommodates Workforce Growth with Space & Real Estate Solution
Telecom Company Reduces Infrastructure Cost; Optimizes Real Estate, Space, and Operations
University Uses Mobile Work Order System to Connect Students to Campus