SB205 - How A Weekly Ops Summary Report Unlocks the Potential of ARCHIBUS Data for Continuous Improvement
1:30pm - 2:15pm
Business pain point: How can we make ARCHIBUS OPS data easily Accessible and instantly usable for OPS non-technical staff
Why we needed to do this:
The complexity of how OOTB ARCHIBUS stores high quality OPS data created a roadblock for Humber’s Operations Directors, OPS Maintenance managers and our craftspeople, therefore it was difficult for them to see and compare in a single view key ops data.
Humber’s Challenges :
At this current time there is no single view available OOTB within ARCHIBUS that showed the combined weekly data for all work orders.
Our objective was to develop a single report that contained all data from PM’s , Demand, Archived , Craftsperson’s , work team performance, we found it was almost impossible to leverage data or report on a consistent week over week basis , in order to make quality and consistent business decisions and view work load trends.
Key Roadblocks :
• We were unable to see Demand , Archived , work teams, and craftsperson’s data in an amalgamated single view.
• The content of what we could see did not contain usable information that we could use for quick weekly decision making
• We could not see how much unassigned work remained in the Team WO pool week over week
• We could see WO numbers but could not see the content of these tickets.(comments, work teams , problem descriptions)forcing us to leave ARCHIBUS and create complex reports outside of the platform
The Final Goal: Provide a consistent snapshot containing usable data ,in a week over week format in a simple and ongoing way for all OPS team members.
Why this will support continuous improvement and better data quality moving forward:
• Leveraging ARCHIBUS Performance Metrics, we can now monitor week over week performance, and query historical data in the same way.
• Staff can now focus on their primary roles, instead of trying to learn a complex set of technical data reporting skills
• We can monitor, performance , work loading and immediately troubleshoot data errors and issues from a single report
• The week over week format, means departmentally we can quickly identify trends and issues within the OPS area both strategically as a department , all the way down to the craftsperson level in a single report
Frenchman Room II - 2nd Floor
For the latest conference developments follow us on and register for our newsletter.